The Probation aspect of the training course is designed for all those who wish to become Lifeline Durban volunteer lay counsellors. You must have successfully completed Personal Growth and Counselling Skills, and be selected to continue on to Probation.
This is the practical component of the course and is designed to develop competent counsellors
- 9 weeks.
- 2 hour sessions conducted weekly – every Thursday.
- Weekly training is offered on AM (9:00 – 11:00) session or PM (19:00 – 21:00) session but are dependent on numbers.
Sessions are facilitated by trained and experienced LifeLine Durban Volunteer Facilitators/ Counsellors. Participants are invited to this round dependent on selection outcomes. The process is further explained at this stage
• Total Cost – R1000.00
• Total cost is required in full, upfront for confirmation of acceptance into the programme.
• Invoices will be provided
Contact our office on 031 303 1344 for our training schedule dates
Probationer Talks are based on:
- Gender Based Violence
- Child Abuse and Sexual Offenders
- HIV and AIDS
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Needs of Key Population